Frequently Asked Questions
DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN STUDIO?
- YES! please ask about it :)
WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO PHOTOGRAPH? ARE THERE ANY LIMITATIONS?
- There are some things we deem vulgar and/or not acceptable to our taste. I.E., we will neither video or photograph sexual acts nor anything that may be construed as harmful to humans and/or animals.
- We have photographed nude models, so if this is your choice, please remember to bring your identification which proves you are over the age of 21. In this case, we tentatively call it Sensual/Boudoir/Nude Photography.
- We are prepared to travel to the location of your choice.
- We LOVE to photograph animals, but make it clear as to what type of animal and the personality of your personal pet.
- These days it is difficult to say ‘anything and everything’, so simply, we are willing to try pretty much anything and everything. We say TRY because, honestly there are assignments we have yet to tackle as long as it is fitting to OUR tastes.
- Should you have an idea for a photo shoot, dont be afraid to ask!
DO YOU PHOTOGRAPH PREGNANT WOMEN? AND IF SO, WHAT ARE THE FEES?
- Yes. The initial sitting fee for one individual, is $85.00, which includes 10 4x6 photographs (Add $10.00 for each additional person.) or choose one of our premium photo packages for a good deal!
ARE YOU WILLING TO PROVIDE COMMERCIAL PHOTOS?
- Yes. At your discretion, all of our Commercial photos can consist of people, buildings, and/or any form of construction and is shot with a 12-mega pixel digital camera. Our Video services are available upon request.
- We are more than willing to travel and all traveling costs will apply to our quote.
DO YOU HAVE A PRICE LIST AVAILABLE?
- Yes. See below, but our complete price list is posted HERE
DO YOU REQUIRE A DEPOSIT?
- Yes, normally it is a %50 down to hold your date. to cover the sitting fee is required at the time of the shoot it is non refundable and the deposit is payable by cash only. The balance is due when the photos are delivered
WHAT TYPE OF PAYMENTS DO YOU ACCEPT?
- Currently, we are able to accept cash and PAYPAL and credit cards. If you have a PayPal account, we are able to process credit card payments. If the only means of payment is via check, then we suggest that you go to YOUR BANK, cash your own check and kindly render your payment to us in cash.
- Please note that we will CANCEL ALL OF OUR SERVICES if your payment is not made prior to us rendering service.
DO YOU OFFER PAYMENT PLANS?
- We prefer not to, but have been known to set up plans. Contact us and we’ll see what we can do.
- Please note that we will CANCEL ALL SERVICES if your payment is not made prior to us rendering service.
ARE YOU ABLE TO PROVIDE GLAMOUR SHOTS?
- Yes I do not however provide hair and makeup. I do know some great people for that though!
CAN I ADD PRINTS TO MY PACKAGE?
- Please see our add-on price list.
I AM FROM OUT OF TOWN. WILL YOU HELP ME MAKE OTHER WEDDING
- If you desperately need a photograph of a facility so you can see what it looks like, we may be able to assist you. If you need us to arrange your wedding, we know caters and planners that we may recommend. However, note that they have their own contracts and payment plans and ALL are separate from ours.
WHAT IF THE WEATHER IS BAD?
- If the weather is bad we can keep in contact and plan a flexible schedule throughout that day. We can reschedule and/or make the best of the crazy weather and come up with a creative way of incorporating the event into your photographs.
- We are flexible and here to cater to your needs, but the desired outcome might not be what is expected. Additionally, we must protect all of our equipment.
YOU DO NOT HAVE INFORMATION LISTED ON THE TYPE OF PHOTOS THAT I’M
LOOKING FORWARD IN SEEING. ARE YOU LIMITED TO YOUR ON-LINE MENU?
- No, we will shoot almost anything! However, note our limitations above and/or contact us with the details of your project and we will get back to you with a quote.
WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT?
- For your protection as well as ours.
WHAT IS YOUR MAILING AND STUDIO ADDRESS?
- we now offer an in house studio located on Camp Pendleton! It is open to military members and their families only,
CAN YOU POST OR EMAIL SOME OF THE BEST PHOTOS BEFORE YOU WORK ON
ALL THE REST? (I just really want to see how they turned out before you work on them)
- It is best to wait for all of the photographs to be posted online. The wait difference is at the most a day or two. For us to stop what we are doing to show you a few, delays the rest of your photographs being posted. However, we will do our best to provide a sneak-peak as soon as possible.
WHEN WILL MY PHOTOS BE POSTED ONLINE?
- All of your photographs will be online within 1 week of being taken and we will e-mail you a notification when they are up. However, there has been occasions where we have posted photos within a matter of days.
- Your photos will remain online for at least 60 days. Please contact us if you need them to be posted longer, would like a password protected event, or if you would rather not have your photos posted at all.
HOW DO I CHOOSE MY PRINTS?
- You can begin choosing prints as soon as the images are online. If you are going to be ordering large quantities, you may want to keep track of your favorites before you finalize your order. If you contact us, we may be able to save you the time of having to go back and enter your large order. We MIGHT consider extending a bulk discount.
- If you have purchased a package that comes with prints and are ordering online, place your order as usual..
- Please note that you are not limited to only one image with your package. Except wallets, they come in quantities of 4 or 8. When you choose a quantity of 8, you receive wallets cut with rounded edges. Quantities of 8 may also have text printed in the corner. (no extra charge)
- A viewing can be arranged, we would meet at your home or a public venue and view the photos
HOW LONG WILL MY ORDER TAKE?
- Once you have ordered prints they will be ready for pick-up or mailing within 1-3 weeks of your order. Priority is given to photos or other prints that are due for an upcoming deadline.
- Feel free to request an estimated time for completion and let us know if there are pressing circumstances. We cannot guarantee that we can fulfill your desires, but we will try.
- A larger event can take up to 3-8 weeks.
SINCE DIGITAL IS INSTANT, CAN I HAVE THEM SOONER?
- While digital is ‘instant’, we also shoot in a RAW mode that has to be processed and optimized. We take care to give attention to each and every photograph to insure the highest quality.
- Because we strive to bring you the best in quality, we like to serve our clients with ease.
- We can get it to you at a sooner and guaranteed time, but you would need to request it in advance but may result in additional fees. (Refer to your signed contract)
ARE YOUR PRINTS PRINTED ON A PHOTO PRINTER?
- For digital prints, primarily we use a professional photo-lab for chemically processed prints and are edited before going to the lab.
- On the other hand, we have two professional printers, each with the capabilities to print in large format in a size up to 13x44.
- For SLR prints, they are prepared and printed in a lab off-site.
I WAS NOT ABLE TO SPECIFY EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED WHEN I ORDERED MY
PRINTS. WHAT CAN I DO?
- Contact us directly and give us the details.
I WANT TO MAKE PHOTOCOPIES OF MY PHOTOS. DOES MY PHOTOGRAPHER
REALLY OWN THE COPYRIGHT TO THE PICTURES? DO I STILL HAVE TO PAY THE
PHOTOGRAPHER IF I MAKE COPIES AT A COPY SHOP?
- Yes and Yes. According to federal law, images produced by a professional photographer are copyrighted the moment they are created. Federal law prohibits copying or reproducing copyrighted material without permission from the owner of the copyright, i.e., the photographer. If you copy or scan your photos, the photographer should be paid just as if you were buying reprints. If you or your videographer transfers the proofs to videotape, the photographer should be paid just as if you were buying reprints. If you do not feel comfortable paying for these copies, find a photographer whose work is so good that you are glad to pay.
WHEN I GO TO THE LAB WITH MY PHOTO CD, WHAT DO I DO?
- If at all possible do not take your original CD to the lab. Those are your permanent records of your special event and should be kept at home. Because CDs are so cheap, as soon as you get your CD you should make copies. When you go to the lab, take a copy.
WHAT IS SENSUAL/BOUDOIR/NUDE PHOTOGRAPHY?
- Sensual/Boudoir/Nude Photography is typically photography that romanticizes and celebrates the humane form. It is often done as a gift to ones lover or just to see oneself in the best light.
- Boudoir photography is typically suggestive, romantic and is often shot with the model nude, semi nude or with implied nudity (but not always).
- Boudoir Photography is usually done in your choice of locations and our crew is prepared to travel with our location lighting. In almost every case, three crew members are present, but we are there in a professional capacity only.
- You may chose to have someone with you for your own safety and comfort, but please note, that each session is priced for one individual only.
WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS & WHY SHOULD I
CHOOSE YOU FOR MY PHOTOGRAPHER?
- We are aware that there are plenty of qualified photographers throughout the State, but our goals are completely different. We aim to provide more than just a quality product, but try to put ourselves in the client’s position when paying for a service. As a client/consumer, we ALWAYS expect quality detailed work and to get our money’s worth for anything we pay for. As a client, we expect honesty and reliability. And as a business, we promise our clients our best service each and every time. Not only are we committed to our work and clients - we aim to give our clients what we would pay for ourselves. (We appreciate both and work hard to satisfy our clients.)
- We provide both the pros and cons of Digital and Still Lens photography and supply detailed information of our services.
- With natural lighting, we are creative while always keeping our clients informed of their paid product and our services.
- After your photos are complete, we like to provide a memorable story book album.
- For weddings, we stay until the end of the reception with every package and without additional hourly rates. Additionally, we offer a ceremony video and brief but detailed highlights of the full event.
HOW LONG WILL YOU STAY AT MY WEDDING AND DO YOU CHARGE EXTRA TO
GO TO THE RECEPTION?
- We arrive approx. 2 hours prior to the wedding and will be there throughout the reception or until the bride and groom leave. We do not charge hourly rates on the wedding day. However, you must inform us if the wedding and the reception are at two locations and if so, the exact distance and location of each.
HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO TRAVEL?
- We will travel anywhere to a paid event. However, anything outside the Carson valleymay result in traveling fees.
CAN A PACKAGE BE ALTERED TO MEET MY NEEDS?
- Yes, we would be happy to find the right package that will meet your needs. The packages that are listed in our brochure are based on past events and clients needs, but we are aware that each client has their own ideas when it pertains to desired photographs.
DO YOU HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE?
WHAT IF WE HAVE FAMILY AND FRIENDS AT OUR EVENT TAKING PICTURES AT
OUR EVENT? WILL THAT CREATE A PROBLEM?
- We do not have a problem with family members taking photographs as long as they do not interfere with us getting the photographs that you deserve. Remember, you have paid a photographer to capture all those special moments.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT BOOKING YOU FOR MY EVENT?
- First, begin by calling 775-781-8580 and/or e-mailing us to see if we have your desired date available.
- We only book one event per day, and we are on a first come first serve basis. Next, you will need to fill out the contract and give a deposit/retainer of $200.00 for weddings
WHEN DO I HAVE TO PAY THE BALANCE?
- Half of the balance is due thirty (30) days prior to the date of your event reserved event. The remaining balance is due one week before services are rendered.
HOW WILL YOU BE DRESSED?
- no matter what the occasion or event, we dress to please our clients. professional but functional
I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS...
- We are here to serve you, the client. If there is anything that you might want to know, please feel free to ask. 775-781-8580.
If we failed to answer any of your questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 775-781-8580 OR 775-392-0887 or
via email. We are happy to help in any way possible to make sure your event is one that you have
always imagined. We are committed to going beyond what you expect from your photographers.
It is YOUR event and we look forward to being a part of it.